The Employment Accessibility Resource Network (EARN) is a community initiative, led by United Way East Ontario, that builds partnerships across communities to improve employment opportunities for people with disabilities. We provide a coordinated access point for education and expertise on employment, accessibility and workplace inclusion for both people with disabilities and employers. EARN members support best practices for the hiring of people with disabilities, champion accessible, inclusive and diverse workplaces, and endorse EARN’s Guiding Principles.
To date, EARN activities have contributed to the following outcomes:
- Over 5000 people with people with disabilities have found employment since 2012, as a result of the efforts of our members
- Increased community-wide collaboration between employers, service providers, funders and other stakeholders with over 115 active Leadership Group and Champion Group members
- Over 90 networking and educational events since 2012
- Held 28 Job Match Conference Calls between 2017 and 2020
- Over 2700 professionals have participated in our ongoing educational and awareness events